Friday, July 25, 2008

Canadian Basketball game tonight

Hello all,
I know Canada's Senior National Team has ruined any chance of the Olympics but I am excited for their exhibition with the United States tonight. It's all about pride tonight and playing with heart. I have heard the report that LeBron James is not going to play in tonight's game and even still, it will probably be a very difficult game for the Canucks. With a young core of players, it's all about playing well and playing hard and proving that they belong. I know a win is a far-fetched dream, but with a close game or a victory, these young players will have started their quest for a spot in the 2012 Olympics on the best possible note.
The exhibition game airs on ESPN at 8 o'clock and will be replayed on The Score at 10 p.m. this evening. Whatch for Canada's Carl English. I really like this player and feel he is a very capable shooting gaurd. I also like Levon Kendall and his rebounding ability.
Of course, if he gets some minutes, I will be rooting for Aaron Doornekamp, my highschool teammate. He's a guy who puts on his hardhat and brings his lunchpail to work every day. I remember in high school he'd be at school every morning I'm guessing around 6:30-7:00 a.m. and partake in a shooting drill. I actually went one morning with him and learned the routine, but I never did it every single day like this guy. Now I know he's 6'7 and has a family of talented athletes, but he was the first person to make me realize that talent is not God-given. Hard work is the most important thing because there are plenty of spectacular athletes out there. Working harder than everyone else will pay off and will get you noticed. Anyhow, here's hoping he gets some minutes and some time to show some of his skills. I remember we used to talk about the NBA players all the time in highschool, and now he gets to play against them. That's an accomplishment right there if you ask me.

2 comments:

Cory Snoddon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Navid said...

o brother, it was brutal to whatch... I may never heal from that embarrassing performance. I can only hope every team loses by so much to the US in the Olympics as to justify the loss.